The blogs are a buzzing this week with news that Bravo’s “Real Housewives of Atlanta” has been nominated for an NAACP Image award. I agree with Bossip, someone should be fired. I didn’t believe it a first. I had to check the facts for myself on the NAACP website. There it was:
Outstanding Reality Series
- “American Idol 8” (FOX)
- “America’s Next Top Model” (CW)
- “Dancing With the Stars” (ABC)
- “Extreme Makeover” (ABC)
- “Real Housewives of Atlanta” (Bravo)
Someone please tell me this is a hoax. Next they will be giving Kisha Cole’s momma an Image Award. Hell, I know Mr. Brown is bound to get nominated in the “Step n’ Fetch it” category. This tops their nomination of R. Kelly…
…well, maybe not. Where am I? Someone please tell me this is just a dream.
I’m sorry…I really, really didn’t want to speak on the Real Housewives of Atlanta at all. Sure, like a lot of folks out there I watched the show as a guilty little pleasure. You have to admit, it is entertaining television.
I watched the reunion show last night and I must say…they were in rare form. Rare! Oh my goodness. I really thought someone’s weave or wig was going to fly across the screen. Here are my thoughts:
- Ne Ne saying that the rumors of her bring an ex-stripper are false because she currently strips, but only strips for her husband was one of the best lines of the night.
- Lisa should have let Ne Ne loose. I would have been ok with her getting one good slap in on Kim. lol
- Kim, why would you elude to the fact that you are wearing a wig because you have cancer and then take it back in the next few sentences. You sound crazy? I was sitting there thinking…ok…do you have some other terrible disease? Sexually transmitted maybe (I only say that because that was my reaction to the fact she said she didn’t want to talk about it. If you’ll mention cancer but not another disease…what do you have to hide?) Oh, and let me not forget to mention that Dallas Austin has publicly said that he and Kim are not working together and that he was just working with her for TV on his Myspace blog.
- I love Dwight!!! He is fierce! Note to Bravo: He needs his own show!
- What was up with the hole in Sheree’s sweater? Did a fight breakout before the taping?
- Was it just me or was DeShawn a little less perky now she’s gone through the after-show drama and commenting/gossip (online and otherwise) that has surely taken her through the ringer for her extravagance, her servants, and the failed fundraiser?
- Lisa??? You were the good one, right? What in the world did Kim do to push her buttons. She looked like she was about to take her earrings off and whop Kim’s a**.
Like Flavor Flav’s reality show dating journey, I knew this show was going to be a general train wreck Continue reading
Filed under african american, black, black man, black women, blog, blogs, celebrity, drama, fierce, funny, opinion, race, television